There’s been a new buzzword in the Salesforce ecosystem recently about Salesforce Industries (formerly Salesforce Vlocity). Now very first question come in mind is what is Salesforce Vlocity (Salesforce Industries) and how it can help Salesforce Developer? With the Vlocity acquisition in 2020, Salesforce now has the ability to offer a combination of the core platform and specific industry models, processes, and solutions with Salesforce Industries.
What is Vlocity?
Salesforce Vlocity is built natively on the Salesforce Platform and it is a provider of industry-specific solutions and mobile software, delivering digital, omnichannel processes for the world’s largest companies in a selection of industries. With Salesforce’s all-encompassing solutions and Vlocity’s in depth industry specific expertise, certain industries have the leverage of using a combined package all in one place.
Salesforce Vlocity was known to build industry-specific CRM solutions, for Cloud and mobile use, on top of Salesforce; these industries being communications, media and entertainment, insurance and financial services, health, energy and utilities, and government and nonprofits specifically.
What is Salesforce Industries?
Salesforce Industries started shortly after the acquisition of Vlocity. Salesforce Industries is the new name of Vlocity, a tech startup that was officially acquired by Salesforce. Vlocity, being a fairly new industry cloud expert has gathered profound technical know-how in 14 varied industries, they are:
- Media and Entertainment,
- Energy and Utilities,
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Consumer Goods
- Financial Services
- Travel Transportations & Hospitality
The Salesforce OmniStudio digital engagement suite makes it easy to click-configure rich, consumer-grade user experiences based on objects, APEX classes, REST APIs, and other data sources. Salesforce OmniStudio is divided into several layers of OmniStudio.
- Digital Experience
- FlashCards: Beginning end ending point for guided interactions. Cards that display contextual information. Create flexCards with a declarative WYSIWYG editor and no-code styling
- OmniScripts: Step users through complex tasks. It’s called the guided path. The ability to configure interactive, easy-to-use business processes with branching, means different pages and groups of fields can be shown based on choices the user makes
- Service Management
- Integration Procedures: Declarative, server-side processes that execute multiple actions in a single service call. Merge the output to multiple APIs and orchestrate multi-step calculations. Can be used as a data source for an OmniScript, FlexCard, API, or Apex
- DataRaptors: Configurable service for retrieving, transforming, and updating data.
- Developer Experience
- IDX Build Tool: Command-line automation tool that packages and migrates OmniStudio datapacks in a source-control-friendly format
- IDX Workbench: Simplify Dev Ops by making it easy to share updates via source control. This is a desktop application that enables developers to migrate Data packs and Salesforce metadata from one org to another or from an org to a git repository
Why should you become a Salesforce Vlocity Developer
As we may see a boom in the number of customers seeking Vlocity’s solutions, Salesforce developers will need to get familiar with and master Vlocity’s products to seamlessly assist clients in their integrations and customizations. If you need in-depth information about Salesforce OmniStudio (formerly Vlocity Digital Interaction Platform), the best resource right now is the Vlocity Success Community.
FREE Salesforce Vlocity Tutorial
New to Salesforce OmniStudio? Check our Apex Hours FREE OmniStudio Training. Check below Apex hours session one OmniStudio to learn more
Get started with Salesforce Industries
You can get started with Salesforce Industries today by completing the foundational Get to Know OmniStudio trail. You’ll learn the ins and outs of OmniStudio, and you’ll also see how these tools are used to create beautifully frictionless customer experiences.
Salesforce Industries certification
Salesforce Industries have following Salesforce exam currently available on trailhead. They have few more but those are on Vlocity University. Are you preparing for Salesforce Vlocity / Industries exam(formerly Vlocity)? Check out below post for some tips and trick.
- The Salesforce Certified OmniStudio Consultant credential is for Trailblazers who have experience consulting on building cloud applications using OmniStudio tools in a customer-facing role.
- The Salesforce Certified OmniStudio Developer credential is for Trailblazers who have knowledge, skills, and experience developing cloud applications using OmniStudio declarative development tools.
- The Salesforce Certified Industries CPQ Developer credential is for Trailblazers who have experience developing configure, price, quote applications for the Salesforce Communications, Media, and Energy & Utilities Clouds.
Salesforce Vlocity is built natively on the Salesforce Platform and it is a provider of industry-specific solutions and mobile software, delivering digital, omnichannel processes for the world’s largest companies in a selection of industries. Is also called as Salesforce Industries.
Yes Salesforce Industries is formerly Salesforce Vlocity platform
Salesforce Vlocity developer are highly paid developer as compare to Salesforce Developer. They earn 20% extra as compare to Salesforce Developers.
Salesforce acquired Vlocity for $1.33 billion in an all-cash deal in FEB 2020.
Vlocity provided many industries solutions. Vlocity CPQ is one of the feature of communication cloud. Learn more about Vlocity CPQ.
I hope this helped you to understand, what Salesforce Vlocity and how Vlocity helps industries with complex business models. Soon We will try to conduct more session on different industries solution provided by Vlocity.