The Salesforce Industries CPQ Developer credential is designed for individuals who have experience developing configure, price, and quote applications for the Salesforce Communications, Media, and Energy & Utilities Clouds. Let see how to pass Salesforce Certified Industries CPQ Developer Exam.
I have been working on the Vlocity CPQ platform for more than 2 years and I thought cracking certification will be easy but not as easy as I think. I would like to share my experience with all of you as it may help many of you to get pass the exam.
About the Exam
Read on for details about the Salesforce Industries CPQ Developer exam. Always follow this trailhead guide for updated information.
- 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions, up to 5 unscored questions*
- Time allotted to complete the exam: 105 minutes
- Passing Score: 63%
Recommended Training and References
If your company is Salesforce partner then take advantage of vlocity university to complete the Salesforce Industries CPQ Developer course or you can take training from trailhead. Check below session to kick start your journey to Salesforce Certified Industries CPQ Developer exam. We talk about differences between Salesforce CPQ and Industries CPQ as well as some of the key functionalities of Industries CPQ.
Tips for Exam
- Questions asked between the module will help for exam preparation.
- Do all hands-on exercise from course.
- Note down all the important warning and notes from the course guide.
- Focus on Digital commerce API and remember all methods and their parameters.
- Your project experience will help you with your Troubleshooting questions.
Exam outline Industries CPQ Developer Exam
- Products: 20%
- Identify concepts required to configure product and product bundles.
- Object type hierarchies.
- Concepts required to configure attributes.
- Determine the implications of the configurations of a product.
- Promotions and Discounts: 7%
- How to configure promotions.
- When to use discount and how to configure discounts.
- Determine when to use promotions and/or discounts.
- Describe the capabilities and use cases for formula fields and roll-up summary fields
- Pricing: 17%
- Identify concepts required to build pricing
- Identify concepts required to configure attribute based pricing.
- Define how to adjust pricing
- Determine which types of pricing to use and when
- Identify concepts required to create cost and margin
- Rules: 12%
- What is Context rules
- build advanced rules
- Identify concepts required to build product configuration procedures
- Determine which type of rule to use and when
- APIs: 12%
- Determine when to use cart based APIs or the digital commerce APIs
- Differentiate among the cart based APIs methods, parameters, and how to use them
- Differentiate among the digital commerce APIs methods, parameters, and how to use them
- Identify concepts required to build sales catalogs
- Ordering and Quoting: 12%
- Describe the user experience of the cart
- Identify concepts required to configure multi-site quoting
- Identify concepts required to create basic configurations to ordering and quoting
- Describe asset based ordering (ABO) and MACD
- Troubleshooting: 20%
- Troubleshoot product, pricing, promotions and discounts, and rules
- Troubleshoot API parameters, responses, and requests
Hope this details helped to study Industry/Vlocity CPQ certification. Let me know your thoughts if this will help you. All the best for your Salesforce Certified Industries CPQ Developer Exam
Thanks so much Amit for sharing your experiences.