The Salesforce OmniStudio digital engagement suite makes it easy to click-configure rich, consumer-grade user experiences based on objects, APEX classes, REST APIs and other data sources. We will explain the business and technical problems that led to the development of Salesforce OmniStudio and Salesforce Industries (also called as Salesforce Vlocity).
We will review its key components. He’ll show some examples of OmniStudio in action, talk about its expanding role within Salesforce, and tell you how you can learn more.
In this session we covered the User Interface, FlexCards and Omniscript for guided processes including data tools like DataRaptor and Integration Procedures. Its divided into several layers of components OmniStudio offers.
- FlexCards : Beginning end ending point for guided interactions. Cards that display contextual information. Create flexCards with a declarative WYSIWYG editor and no-code styling.
- OmniScripts : Step users through complex tasks. Its called guided path. The ability to configure interactive, easy-to-use business processes with branching, which means different pages and groups of fields can be shown based on choices the user makes
Learn about Salesforce Flow vs OmniScript here.
- Integration Procedures : Declarative, server-side processes that execute multiple actions in a single server call. Merge the output to multiple APIs and orchestrate multi-step calculations. Can be used as a data source for an OmniScript, FlexCard, API, or Apex.
- DataRaptors : Configurable service for retrieving, transforming and updating data. DataRaptors has three components.
- DataRaptor Extract- Retrieve and transform data from Salesforce. With DataRaptor Turbo Extract (a relatively new offering) you can retrieve data from a single Salesforce object type. It has a simpler configuration and better performance at runtime.
- DataRaptor Load– Transform and save data to Salesforce.
- DataRaptor Transform – Transform any data.
- Idx Build Tool : Command-line automation tool that packages and migrates OmniStudio Datapacks in a source-control-friendly format.
- IDX Workbench : Simplify Dev Ops by making it easy to share updates via source control. This is a desktop application that enables developers to migrate Datapacks and Salesforce metadata from one org to another or from an org to a git repository.
Here is agenda of our sessions.
- Why did we build OmniStudio?
- Key Components
- Interaction Console : Utilities and common components to facilitate contact center flows
- Integration Procedures
- IDX Workbench
- Project Explorer : Organize metadata into collection of industry processes.
- OmniAnalytics : Usage analytics to support a continuous improvement loop.
- A Few similarity and differences with other parts of Salesforce
- Moving into the Ohana
- What’s Next
Please subscribe our YouTube channel to get notification for video upload.
Where can you learn more and prepare for the OmniStudio certification?
- OmniStudio Developer/Consultant: Check on Trailhead!
- OmniStudio Developer: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/credentials/omnistudiodeveloper
- OmniStudio Consultant: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/credentials/omnistudioconsultant
- Instructor-led training – great if you prefer live sessions like this, reach out to your Salesforce Account Team for more information
- Exam content is covered in the training course
- Can be passed with just theoretical knowledge, but strongly recommend hands on exercises!
- Industries CPQ Developer: Check out Vlocity University (for now!)
- Industries Order Management, Insurance, Others: Currently training through Vlocity
- University and exams through Vlocity Webassessor – Stay tuned for updates!
- Request access to the Vlocity Success Community and Vlocity University (Salesforce Partners and Customers): https://go.vlocity.com/SuccessCommunityAndVUAccess.
Salesforce Vlocity is built natively on the Salesforce Platform and it is a provider of industry-specific solutions and mobile software, delivering digital, omnichannel processes for the world’s largest companies in a selection of industries. The Salesforce OmniStudio digital engagement suite makes it easy to click-configure rich, consumer-grade user experiences based on objects, APEX classes, REST APIs and other data sources.