In this post we will talk about what is Salesforce Community Cloud (now Experience Cloud), different Salesforce community license type, How to setup lightning community, navigation menu, Page Variations and Audience in Salesforce Community. We will cover some key features like community builder, audience setup, knowledge in community, snap-chat and lightning bolt solution.
What is Salesforce Community ?
In 2019 we did one session on Introduction to Salesforce Community with Phil Weinmeister in ApexHours. In that session we provided an overview of Salesforce Community Cloud and dive into some of its most exciting features like Community builder, audience targeting and Lightning bolt.
When should you consider community ?
- Critical use cases involving your partners, customers or employees could be performed digitally through an online experience
- Subpar (existing) online use cases could be enhanced or streamlined
Community Use Cases
- Employees collaboration
- Partner portal
- eCommerce Enablement
- Ideas/ Feedback
- Self Service/ Support
Licensing & User types
Check below recording to learn more about licensing & User types.
Here is recording of session
If you want to learn more about Community Cloud please check Phil Weinmeister book.
How to Setup Salesforce Community?
Please check below recording to learn Step by step Salesforce process to setting up a Customer Community with Customer Service (Napili) Template
Content Layout in Salesforce Community
How to Create Custom Content Layout for Salesforce Communities with the help of lightning Component
Setup Communities Navigation Menu
Navigation bar in the Salesforce provides the liberty to go through different topics to browse and provides direction back to the home page of the community. Please check this recording to learn about “How to Setup Communities Navigation Menu”
Navigation Menu Component
- Navigation menu component extends community’s navigation beyond navigational topics
- To create or modify navigation menu items:
- Select the Navigation Menu component in the page
- To add a menu item:
- Click Add Menu Item.
- Enter the name to be used in the navigation menu
- Select the type :
- Community Page
- External URL
- Menu Label
- Navigational Topic
- Salesforce Object
- To move an item, drag the item to where it needs to appear in the menu
- To delete a menu item, click the item and click on cross icon
- Save your changes
Page Variations and Audience in Salesforce Community
Learn about how to setup Page variation and Audience in Salesforce. Audiences are sets of criteria used to define community member segments. Use them to keep your community members engaged by offering them personalized, relevant content in a customized community
Lightning Page Variations
- Alternate versions of a page to be display page content based on logged in profile
- Every page must have one default variation, extra variations can be created by clicking on ‘New Page Variation’ button
- Duplicate page variations can also be created
- After creating page variation, assign specific audience criteria based on profile, location and record type
Knowledge In Community
Learn how to enable knowledge and how to use the same in community.
Snap in Chat in Salesforce Community
Learn about how to to enable snap in chat in Salesforce use the same in Salesforce community.
Lightning Bolt Solution
- Used to reuse templates during community creation
- Steps to use lightning bolt solution in the same salesforce org:
- Use one of the OOTB templates like Customer Service (Napili) template as base and customize it
- After customization is completed, export the template or one of its page from Salesforce Developer
- Once you export the template, it appears in the Community Creation Wizard. Installed pages appear in the New Page dialog
- Steps to use lightning bolt solution in different salesforce org:
- Create and upload a managed package, share the link with clients or partners
- Alternatively publish your custom solution as managed package to App Exchange
- Install the template in another org, it appears in the Community Creation Wizard.
If you are new to Salesforce then please check below Apex Hours playlist
Amit Chaudhary is Salesforce Application & System Architect and working on Salesforce Platform since 2010. He is Salesforce MVP since 2017 and have 17 Salesforce Certificates.
He is a active blogger and founder of Apex Hours.