In this episode we will unravel the mysteries around the Development tools required for developing and debugging your code in Salesforce. Join us as you embark on this wonderful journey to become a champion Salesforce developer. We will talk about different Developer tools in Salesforce.
Developer Tools in Salesforce
There are different developer tool available in Salesforce. Goal of these tools are to give developers a more modern way of creating applications on top of the Salesforce platform. Let see list of top Developer tool :-
1. Developer Console
It’s available in Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Developer and Database.com editions. What you can do using Developer Console?
- Debugging and Troubleshooting
- Editing and navigating Source Code
- Testing and Validating Performance
- Executing Queries (SOQL and SOSL) and etc
Salesforce Workbench is a powerful, web-based suite of tools designed to interact with Salesforce.com organizations via the Force.com APIs. Learn more about Salesforce workbench here.
- It is web-based suite of tools
- Workbench includes robust support for the Force.com Partner, Bulk, Rest, Streaming, Metadata, and Apex API
- Allows users to describe, query, manipulate, and migrate both data and metadata in Salesforce
3. VS Code
Visual Studio Code is recommended IDE for Salesforce development. Please check this post to learn about how to setup VsCode. Check below recording to learn about how to setup VsCode
4. Data Loader
Data Loader is a client application for the bulk import or export of data. Use it to insert, update, delete, or export Salesforce records. Data is the fundamental constituent of all business applications. A robust data management strategy goes a long way in building trust among users and drives system adoption.
What is Debugging?
Demystifying Developer Tools in Salesforce Video
- Debugging Code in Salesforce
- Introduction to Integrated Developer Environment (IDE)
- Capabilities of various IDEs
- Q & A
- Developer Console Basics
- Package.xml Metadata Management
- Org Development Model
- Quick Start: Visual Studio Code for Salesforce Development
Complete below assignment to win $1000 Salesforce Voucher. Click here for rule.
| •Install VS code on your local machine along with Salesforce Extension.|
•Create Project for Assignment you had created yesterday(Introduction to Apex-Part 2).
•Fetch MathCalculator class on your local machine using VS Code
•Add subtract() method which will accept 2 integer as parameter and return subtraction.
•Save this changes to your Salesforce org using VS code.
(Hint: Implement subtract() as private static methods invoked by a public instance doMath() method. The doMath() method will be invoked from the Execute Anonymous window)
I hope session will help you to demystifying developer tools in Salesforce. Use above tool to increase your development power.