Pardot admins can create and update Pardot users, he can update some of his own settings and preferences. To simplify user management in Pardot, Salesforce recommend setting up Salesforce User Sync. Join us and learn about user management in Pardot.
Salesforce Profile – Pardot Role Mapping
|Salesforce Profile||Pardot Role|
|Sales User||Sales Manager|
User roles in Pardot
Pardot allows you to control the level of access for each individual user by choosing one of the following Roles. Following the Role description, you will see the access level for each module within Pardot. Pardot includes four default user roles.
|Dashboard||Full Access||Full Access||Prospect Table Only||Prospect Table Only|
|Marketing||Full Access||Full Access: Except Folder Permissions||None||None|
|Prospects||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access: • 1:1 Emails only||Limited to: • Prospects Owned • 1:1 Emails only|
|Reports||Full Access||Full Access||Full Access||Limited to: • Conversion • Lifecycle • Scoring • Categories • Video|
|Admin||Full Access||Limited to: • Imports • Recycle Bin • View Users/Groups||Limited to: • Recycle Bin • View Users/Groups||None|
Create user in Pardot
We can create user in Pardot with desired role. Pardot allows to map a users with respect to Salesforce CRM user.
- Navigate to Pardot Settings > User Management > Users.
- Click +Add User.
- Enter First Name:
- Enter Last Name:
- Enter Email address:
- Uncheck Send Activation Email.
- Select Time Zone that matches your region
- Select a Salesforce user from the CRM Username drop-down menu (optional).
- Select Role:
- Click Create user.
- Click dropdown arrow button and then Enabled salesforce.com SSO (optional).
- Only configure this if you linked to the Salesforce user during creation.
Enabling Single Sign-On
If you are a Salesforce user, you can enable Single Sign-on for your users.
- select the users.
- select Enable single sign-on with CRM from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the table.
- When successfully enabled, a blue wrench icon will appear next to the user’s CRM username
Amit Chaudhary is Salesforce Application & System Architect and working on Salesforce Platform since 2010. He is Salesforce MVP since 2017 and have 17 Salesforce Certificates.
He is a active blogger and founder of Apex Hours.