In this session we will talk about how to Enable Pardot from Salesforce and Multiple Business Units. Pardot Business Units integrate with a single Salesforce org, each unit is treated as its own partitioned Pardot database.
What is Pardot Business Unit?
Every Company has marketing goals based on geography or product lines, help each division focus on their own unique marketing objectives using Pardot Business Units. Prospects and marketing assets are partitioned by business unit, so your divisions can market independently and still get a global view with B2B Marketing Analytics.
How to Create a Pardot Business Unit?
Follow below step to create pardot business unit.
- From Setup, Click on quick find, then enter
Pardot, and then select Pardot Account Setup.
- Enter a name for the business unit.
- Choose an admin for the business unit.
- Save the business unit.
Do you need multiple Business Units?
Think below point before creating the multiple business units.
- Your Sales Leads/contacts/deals are segmented for strategic or operational purpose?
- You have multiple marketing teams operating independently?
- Marketing Assets and Campaigns are not shared between Marketing Teams?
Pre requisites !
Business Units are available for Pardot Advanced & Premium edition customers only. You can access business unit features only in the Pardot Lightning app and Pardot should use v2 connector to connect to Salesforce
Things to remember!
- Once a Business unit is created, it cannot be deleted.
- One Lead/contact can only sync to one Business unit.
- One connected campaign can sync to one Business Unit Only.