In this session we will talk about how create custom field in pardot and map with Salesforce fields. We will also cover how Data sync process work in Pardot.
Create and map a custom field in Pardot
Pardot deals with the details of Lead/Contact of CRM in terms of Prospect in Pardot.
Once the Salesforce connector verified number of field mappings for prospects, leads, contact and accounts are setup automatically. Let see how to create custom field in pardot and map with Salesforce.
- Go to Pardot Settings then click on Object and Field Configuration > Prospect Fields
- Click +Add Custom Field.
- Enter name:
- Let Custom Field ID as automatically generated.
- From the salesforce.com Field Name drop-down, select
- Check Keep this field’s type and possible values (for drop-downs, radio buttons, checkboxes) in sync with the CRM.
- Select Sync Behavior: Use the most recently updated record.
- Click Create custom field.
What we did now is configured placeholder for the CRM Lead > Status field values in the Pardot Prospect object. Since we only added new field and mapped it the system will prompt for a sync to ensure that all Prospects will have the value populated.
Data sync between Salesforce & Pardot
Check our recording to learn more about step by step process to create custom field and mapping in pardot. Also in same record we cover the topic of data sync.
Check recording to learn more about data sync process in Pardot.
Amit Chaudhary is Salesforce Application & System Architect and working on Salesforce Platform since 2010. He is Salesforce MVP since 2017 and have 17 Salesforce Certificates.
He is a active blogger and founder of Apex Hours.