Join us to learn about how to Designing APIs in MuleSoft. What is API Specification & Design Center?
What is Anypoint platform?
Anypoint platform is a one Stop platform for APIs and integrations.
- Design Center – Design and Develop API’s
- Anypoint Exchange – Place where we will be able to share, discover api’s and reusable assets
- API Manager – Helps in Managing APIs by invoking policies
- Runtime Manager – Where Applications are deployed
- Access Management – Configures Access and permissions within organization
- Anypoint Monitoring/Visualizer -Provides Monitoring and real-time graphical representation of APIs
- Secret Manager – Place to store and control access to private keys, passwords, certificates, etc.
What is API Specification & Design Center?
An API specification provides an understanding of how an API behaves. Like all below
- What kind of Request it accepts?
- What kind of Response it returns?
- What are the mandatory fields/Data Types/Security etc..
Designing APIs using Anypoint Platform Design Center
Design Center in MuleSoft
API Designer helps us to create API Specification in RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML). It supports RAML 0.8 and 1 versions. It also supports OAS 2.0 & 3.0 both YAML and JSON versions (not in our scope). After creating Specification , it can be published to API Exchange so that it is available to your organization.
- Resource: It is the unique name we give to identify a resource
- Method: GET , POST , PUT , DELETE , PUT , PATCH etc
- Request : like Body , queryparams, uriparams, headers.
- Response: like response Body and response type
- Http Status: 200,201,400,404,500 etc ..
No two resources can have same name & method!
Checkout our complete MuleSoft Training to learn all about MuleSoft. We have 15+ session for you with Final Project.