In this session we will demonstrating the Basics of Salesforce Service Cloud and Case Management. Will cover the how to create cases from Email-to-case and Web-to-case in Salesforce.
What is Case?
Cases are the foundation of the Service Cloud and are used to track customer issues and inquiries. Cases are typically used to track and manage Customer’s question, feedback, or issue.
What is Salesforce Case Management ?
As described in Service Cloud Introduction session, Salesforce Case Management allows us to record, track and solve customer issues by sales, service and support. It includes the ability to create cases either from an email (email to case), from a web form (web to case), or manually. Cases can be managed in queues and assignment rules and escalation rules can be defined.
Basic Set Up?
Set Business Hours?
Specify the hours when your support team is available to serve customers. Helps to apply Timezones to:
- Milestones in entitlement processes
- Entitlement processes
- Case escalation rules
Set Up Support Holidays
Specify the dates and times your customer support team is unavailable. Associate it with business hours to suspend business hours and escalation rules.
Case Creation Options
Following are option to create cases in Salesforce.
- Answer site – Escalate unanswered question to case
- Turn Emails and Social Media Posts into Cases
- Convert Customer Interactions(Phone,Chat,Messaging)
Salesforce automatically creates cases and auto-populates case fields when customers send messages to the email addresses you specify.
Key features and benefits of Email-to-Case
- Customer responses regarding a case are automatically associated with the original case, including any attachments the customer sends.
- Case reporting measures both inbound and outbound emails by case so that you can see how many emails are exchanged before an issue is resolved.
- Routing addresses allow you to create multiple email addresses from which the contents of customer emails can be converted to case fields.
- Assignment Rules, Escalation Rules, Workflow Rules and Auto-Response Rules all work seamlessly with Email-to-Case.
Email-to-Case – Considerations
Gather customer support requests directly from your company’s website and automatically generate new cases with Web-to-Case. How to set up?
- Enable the feature
- Create and customize your web form
- Add the form to your website
- Choose case fields to be included
- Select email Template for notification
- Set up required queues for assignment
- Decide on case ownership
Web-to-Case – Considerations
- Unsupported Content Types
- Rich text area (RTA) fields—If you use these fields on your forms, any information entered in them is saved as plain text when the case is created.
- Multipart/form-data—Cases aren’t created for forms that use this content type.
- Script tags—When script tags are submitted in Web-to-Case forms, the tags are saved as plain text in the case detail
- 5,000 cases in a 24-hour period
Check this post for all other service cloud Training content.
Case Management in very important part of Salesforce Service Cloud. I hope this session helped you to understand the basic of Case Management in Salesforce and different way to creating cases like manual, email to case and web to case. In next session we will learn about case lifecycle and case resolution process.