Architect Mindset is a thought process to Look at the bigger picture. Recommend simplified solutions to solve complex problems. if you are a developer or admin and want to become a Architect then you to think like architect.
Road Map to become Architect
Here is step by step process to become a Architect. Start with trailhead, become admin, developer then consultant.
Learn more about Become a Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (CTA) and some tips to prepare for domain level certification.
Expectations from an Architect
What is expectation from an Architect? Here are few of them we listed.
- Understand: The architect should understand the current objectives, pain areas, and context of the project. He should be curious, ask questions and should able to see bigger picture.
- Analyze: The architect should understand and use his knowledge, experience, and skill sets to analyze. For that, he need to spend time on continuous learning, upskilling, tech trends, implications, foresight.
- Solve: Come up with options and recommend one. To do that he needs to Articulation, Justification, Convincing, and Ownership.
Architect Mindset in Salesforce Video
Who’s an Architect
What is Salesforce Architect? and Different types of Salesforce Architect. Architect should have Technical expertise, Business Acumen and Communication.
- Design for scalability, performance and security.
- Design the organization strategy.
- Design the data model, data and process integrations.
- Identity and access, security model, devops strategy.
- Account for large data volumes and data privacy/visibility needs.
- Advocates dev best practices, mentors devs/admins, reviews code, conducts PoC/PoVs.
Engage with people, be curious and justify your approach.
Architect Mindset application steps
Depth vs Breadth
Check out how to become Salesforce Developer to Architect. Learn difference between Salesforce Architect And Developer. The knowledge you gain on each domain has to be applied in a business context, to solve for a business problem and achieve some business value.