Architect Mindset is a thought process to Look at the bigger picture. Recommend simplified solutions to solve complex problems.
Road Map to become Architect
Expectations from an Architect
Understand: The architect should understand the current objectives, pain areas, and context of the project. He should be curious, ask questions and should able to see bigger picture.
Analyze: The architect should understand and use his knowledge, experience, and skill sets to analyze. For that, he need to spend time on continuous learning, upskilling, tech trends, implications, foresight.
Solve: Come up with options and recommend one. To do that he needs to Articulation, Justification, Convincing, and Ownership.
Who’s an Architect
- Design for scalability, performance and security
- Design the organization strategy
- Design the data model, data and process integrations
- Identity and access, security model, devops strategy
- Account for large data volumes and data privacy/visibility needs.
- Advocates dev best practices, mentors devs/admins, reviews code, conducts PoC/PoVs
Engage with people, be curious and justify your approach