Salesforce announced lots of new product / feature in TrailheaDx 2020 like Code Builder, DevOps Center, Salesforce Functions and Salesforce Anywhere. If you want review demo please check this post.
Salesforce introduce Code Builder, a web-based development environment fully optimized for Salesforce development and powered by Microsoft’s Visual Studio Codespaces. This is an addition to VSCode, the desktop IDE.
Learn more about Code Builder from Salesforce blog post. Code Builder is in Pilot for limited group of customers.
PS: Recently I have seen that there is an online version of Visual Studio (VS) Code, which is called Visual Studio Codespace . Since there are a couple of months to release Code Builder, this solution is worth starting to start.
The DevOps Center will provide an improved UI-based experience for release management. Here is some feature of devOps center
- Track changes with a modern UI
- Seamlessly integrate with version control.
- Deploy based on centralized source of truth
DevOps center is not only for developer it is for admin as well. Learn more about DevOps center here.
Salesforce Functions is a service that lets developers write code that integrates with data and events on the Salesforce Platform and run it on-demand with an elastic scale in a serverless environment. Salesforce function will help you with :
- Meet business needs with on-demand, elastic scale on trusted infrastructure
- Functions are event-driven, elastically scalable, and can be written in a language of your choice such as Node.js, Java or Apex
- Deliver connected experiences with Salesforce data
- They provide seamless access to data in your org and can be integrated with other low-code and pro-code services
Check this demo to learn more about Salesforce function. This is available in pilot.
Salesforce Anywhere to enable the all-digital, work-from-anywhere world. Launch Instant Messaging & Video Chat from Salesforce Records and Fields. Please watch Salesforce anywhere demo from here.
As the demo, we will be able to launch a video chat from a Salesforce record, and fields.
This is delivered being in partnership with AWS, Siemens, Tanium and Zoom. It will be available in beta.
If you want to watch all session then here is link for Recording.
*Note: announcements are made under Safe Harbor, so you will need to confirm the Beta and generally available (GA) dates.