Have you ever wondered what AWS is all about? How does amazon web services cater to such different clients in the market? What role does Salesforce Play here ? how AWS + Salesforce becomes a deadly combination to solve most of the business use cases ! These are the kinds of questions which will be answered in this session .
We will cover the basic introduction of AWS . You will get to understand about
- What AWS is all about and how to kick start your journey with it
- Different services of AWS like lambda, ses, s3, IAM, ec2 etc.
- Navigating through various services in AWS console
- Different ways to integrate Salesforce with AWS.
Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services is a subsidiary of Amazon that provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs to individuals, companies, and governments, on a metered pay-as-you-go basis.. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing start-ups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
- Running web and application servers in the cloud to host dynamic websites.
- Using managed databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or
- SQL Server to store information.
- Securely store all your files on the cloud so you can access
- them from anywhere.
- Send bulk email to your customers.
CREATE YOUR AWS INSTANCE FOR FREE
You can create a free account from here.
I AM USER
- It lets us manage access to AWS services and resources securely. Using I AM we can create and manage AWS users, groups, roles and use permissions to allow or deny their access to AWS resources.
- Manage users and their access: We can create users in IAM, assign them individual security credentials. We can manage permissions to control which operations a user can perform and which not.
- Manage roles and their permissions: We can create roles in IAM and manage permissions to control which operations can be performed by the entity, or AWS service, that assumes the role.
- Manage federated users and their permissions: We can enable identity federation to allow existing users, groups, and roles in our enterprise to access the AWS Management
(Simple Storage Service) — Storage service of AWS in which we can store objects like files, folders,images, documents, songs, etc. It cannot be used to install software, games or Operating System. This means customers of all sizes and industries can use it to store and protect any amount of data for a range of use cases, such as websites, mobile applications, backup and restore, archive, enterprise applications, IoT devices, and big data analytics. Amazon S3 provides easy-to-use management features so you can organize your data and configure finely-tuned access controls to meet your specific business, organizational, and compliance requirements.
AWS’s serverless technology that allows you to run functions in the cloud. It’s a huge cost saver as you pay only when your functions execute. AWS Lambda lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers. With Lambda, you can run code for virtually any type of application or backend service – all with zero administration. Just upload your code and
Lambda takes care of everything required to run and scale your code with high availability. You can set up your code to automatically trigger from other AWS services or call it directly from any web or mobile app.
Simple Email Service
Amazon Simple Email Service (Amazon SES) is a cloud-based email sending service designed to help digital marketers and application developers send marketing, notification, and transactional emails. It is a reliable, cost-effective service for businesses of all sizes that use email to keep in contact with their customers. You can use our SMTP interface or one of the AWS SDKs to integrate Amazon SES directly into your existing applications. You can also integrate the email sending capabilities of Amazon SES into the software you already use, such as ticketing systems and email clients.
Lets dive deep in the work of AWS and understand AWS evolved with time to be such a giant and pioneer in cloud services.
|Date : WED, JULY 22, 2020 08:30 AM EST ( 6:00 PM IST )|
Where : ApexHours YouTube
Speaker : Sugandha Atrey
Please Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notification for upcoming recording.
Salesforce Apex Hours