As name suggests these are flows which can be launched automatically based on certain conditions or situations. For example, we can call a flow from process builder, when there is any DML occurs like (Insert, Delete, Update) or we can call the flow if there is any platform event occurs.
Types of Auto launched flow
- Record Triggered Flow
- Scheduled Flow
- Auto Launched flow ( NoN Record-Triggered flow )
- Platform Event Trigger
Whereas a guided screen flow allows us to guide a user through a business process, an auto-launched flow allows us to perform complex processing on the backend without a user knowing. You can think of it like a process builder or workflow rule, but the complexity potential is much greater! An auto-launched flow is sometimes called a headless flow because there is no GUI that a user interacts with.
- Create a Custom label for the Account Records which are having industry as Education.
- Create a Process which will check if the Account Industry is Education then update the description given inside a custom label.
- When an account is created, crate a task under the same account. ( Non Trigger Flow ) with flow details
- Subject – Call
- Due Date – Todays Date
- Description – Account Description
- Related To Id account Id
- Owner Id – Account Owner Id
- When the Account is created also post a chatter notification to that account with below information
- The Account “Account Name” has been created by “Created By Name” on “Created Date”
- Introduction to Auto Launched Flow
- Types of Auto Launched Flow
- Create Auto Launched Flow ( No Trigger )
- Call Auto Launched flow from Process Builder
Check our complete Salesforce Flow Builder Training here.
If you are new to Salesforce then please check our Salesforce Admin Training here. Check out the our YouTube, and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel, so that you’re notified right away when a new video is available. Check complete Salesforce flow builder training here.
Amit Chaudhary is Salesforce Application & System Architect and working on Salesforce Platform since 2010. He is Salesforce MVP since 2017 and have 17 Salesforce Certificates.
He is a active blogger and founder of Apex Hours.