In this session, We will talk about What is Salesforce Report API. Join us to Demystifying the Salesforce Reports API.
What is Salesforce Reports API?
Programmatic access to Salesforce Report & Dashboard data as defined in the Report & Dashboard Builder. Categories
- Reports API
- Dashboard API
- Report Filters
- Analytics Notifications
Learn more about Salesforce Report API.
Need for Reports API?
- Leverage Salesforce reports across systems: Integrate reports data in a custom mobile app
- Custom visualizations: Rich animations for existing report data
- Facilitate housekeeping Admin activities: Delete reports owned by a specific User, Cleanup unused reports
- Building custom reporting solutions: Chatter post consisting of snapshot of top Opportunities this month.
Reports & Dashboard API Capabilities
Reports API Demo
Considerations for API Usage
- Salesforce Org needs to have API enabled and authenticated access
- Use content-type: application/json with a POST call
- Support for Summary, Matrix and Tabular report formats
- Use API version 43.0 & set Enabled Lightning Joined Reports (Beta) to work with Joined Reports
- Maximum rows returned = 2000 / report
- All limits for reports created through Report Builder hold true for the API