With a better understanding of Salesforce Features, Settings, and Metadata one can achieve smoother deployments. In this session, we demystify what is Settings, Feature and also explore the Salesforce Org Shapes feature.
Editions : When you buy a Salesforce Instance, you have to choose whether you want to purchase Essentials, Professional, Enterprise or Unlimited.
- As a Developer you work in either a Developer Edition org
- or use Trailhead Playground.
- Trailhead Playground is also a Developer Edition org
- Editions decide which feature you get out of box
Features : Add ons based on Licenses you have. License is something attached to your user profile/ permission set.
- Features provide the ability to specify additional add-on functionality that can be supported in the Edition
- Features generally enable add-on licenses in the org and things that a user cannot enable themselves in the org via Setup
- Examples of feature – Live Agent, Communities, Field Service, CPQ, MultiCurrency and many more.
- List of all the features salesforce offers can be found
Settings : Programmatically enable or disable Settings in the org. Found on the Setup Page.
- Settings in the scratch org definition file provide the ability to programmatically enable or disable Settings in the org.
- Examples of Settings – Email Settings, Notes Settings, Address Settings.
Org Metadata : Any code or config you do in Salesforce environments is translated to metadata. Metadata can be retrieved and deployed using Metadata api
Metadata Dependency API
- Leverage Metadata API and extract all Metadata and look for references
- Metadata Dependency API (In BETA)
- Using UnManaged Package In Your org
- Mirror Features, Settings and Editions of your org for Scratch org
- Find Org Shape and Enable
- Provide Id of your Source Org
- Create a permission set with Permissions to Shape Representation Object
- Create, Delete – Manage Org Shapes
- Read, View All – Use org Shape to Create Scratch orgs
- sfdx force:org:shape:create
To create a Scratch Org with org Shape use the project-scratch-def.json in below format
- What are the Features and explore features your orgs have enabled?
- What are settings and how to find settings your org has
- What is org Metadata and how to analyze dependencies between org Metadata
- What is org Shape and How to work with Org Shapes?
|Date : SAT, April 10, 2021 10:00 AM EST (7:30 PM IST )|
Speaker : Mohith Shrivastava
Please note that we have limit of 100 attendees that can join the online sessions. However, recording will be posted on our YouTube channel. Please subscribe our YouTube channel to get notification for video upload.
Hi, the fields shown under shape representation object do not exist. https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.object_reference.meta/object_reference/sforce_api_objects_shaperepresentation.htm