Win Big With Document Generation & E-Sign

Research has shown over and over that salespeople do not spend 100%, and not even 75% of their time on selling. Recent research has shown they spend only 35% of their time on actual sales. Part of the other 65% are administrative tasks, such setting up quotes, sending letters or emails to prospects, but also find the prospects, their addresses, setting up meetings, writing reports about the meetings. Let see how to Win Big With Document Generation & E-Sign.

Document generation automates parts of the process that make salespeople lose time.

Implement automated document generation in all services

Document generation is the creation of documents based on rules. It allows you, with a special software or Salesforce App, to combine static text, that remains the same for all documents, and dynamic, customised data into one document. All text and data will be assembled in a template designed by or for you. You can generate the document (over and over) for one customer or in bulk for large group at once.

Whether that is a complex proposal to one client, a special offer to your most loyal customers or all invoices for the latest month.

All kinds of documents can be generated: offers or quotes, contracts or agreements, invoices or bills, reports, certificates, whatever you can possibly think of. Document generation can therefore easily be used in Sales and in Marketing but also in Accounting or in Human Resources. And they can, if you want, all have the same basic design, and all be completely true to your brand, with your logo and in your colours.

The software or app can print you the letters, but as nowadays we often e email or other delivery channels, the documents can also be generated to portals, emails or texting. It can, of course, also be delivered as different format files: PDF, Office (excel, word, ppt…) or text files.

Document Generation Improves Productivity

Document generation is easy to use, fast and secure, it will improve your salespeople’s efficiency. Messages, quotes and invoices will automatically be sent to customers or prospects on specified days, thus saving all employees a lot of time.

It will also greatly reduce the factor of error. Humans will always make them, no matter how hard they try to avoid them. Errors can cost your company a lot of money. Automated document generation can effectively save you that money. Tedious routine tasks will be eliminated from your salespeople’s agenda, leaving them with more time to make sales. Eliminating routine tasks will also keep them motivated to do their core job of selling.

Close your Deals Faster with Electronic Signature Solutions (e-Sign)

E-sign apps completely change your way of working. These days, we need to be able to sign documents and contracts wherever we are and from whatever device. We receive contracts, proposals and agreements on our computer or on our mobile phone, but hardly ever on paper delivered by the mailman anymore. And we send them back the same way, signed.

The signature needs to be electronic, but also legal and secure. And fast, adding electronic signatures into Salesforce will make your sales faster than ever before. We no longer use manual, paper-based processes.

When sending quotes, proposals and contracts via document generation Apps, you’d want your (potential) customer to easily sign the documents with one click. And you’ll also want to avoid fraud while making it easy for them to sign. The security standard of Salesforce Apps is rigorous. And besides all that, you eliminate cost of paper, ink or printing.

Shorten Your Quote to Cash Process With Salesforce Apps

Document generation and e-Sign substantially shorten your quote-to-cash process, all the work done from the moment you send out your quote to the moment you receive payment for your invoices. You can, of course, find several Salesforce apps on the AppExchange to help you achieve this in your company.

Make sure to look for a Document Generation solution with a native experience that offers or integrates with e-signing features. When selecting for you shortlist, also make sure your document generator is compatible with MS Word, multi language and evolving around your customer. Several DocGen solutions allow you to shorten your sales cycle by allowing digital signing of agreements fast, simple and secure. And many other, all simplifying and speeding up your sales processes.

Amit Chaudhary
Amit Chaudhary

Amit Chaudhary is Salesforce Application & System Architect and working on Salesforce Platform since 2010. He is Salesforce MVP since 2017 and have 17 Salesforce Certificates.

He is a active blogger and founder of Apex Hours.

Articles: 466

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *