Testing in Salesforce Applications is different from Testing the Applications on other platforms. In this post we will talk about UAT testing in Salesforce. Being A Salesforce QA and as per my experience, Many individuals think that Salesforce is just a CRM. It stores customer data, gives processes to nurture prospective customers, and provides ways to collaborate with people you work with. And it does all those things. But saying that Salesforce is “just a CRM” is like saying a house is just a kitchen. There’s a lot more to it than that.
What is Testing in Salesforce?
As Salesforce testing is different from other web testing. Other Web Testers can test the applications without the domain knowledge, but Salesforce Testers are not supposed to test a Salesforce application without Salesforce knowledge. So it recommend that Salesforce tester has the basic knowledge on Salesforce to understand the functionality and know basic of Salesforce Admin.
In this small tour of Testing in Salesforce, My main agenda is to go over a few of the most important and relevant questions, which includes:
- What is Salesforce user acceptance testing (UAT) in layman’s terminology?
- The procedure of login into Sandbox Salesforce to Perform UAT?
- List of personnel involved in this whole process of UAT?
- What makes Salesforce UAT different as compared with functional testing?
- Ticket flow of Salesforce in JIRA?
- How To Provide the Access of Salesforce to Anyone?
Learn more about Salesforce Testing.
What is Salesforce user acceptance testing (UAT) in layman’s terminology?
In layman’s terminology, if I have to define the UAT, basically it is the process of testing the software by the client or you will say, end-user. The main motive is to perform this type of testing to verify whether or not the system is capable enough or ready to be deployed to the production environment.
It is also the final phase of testing during the development life cycle and takes place at that moment in time when the software is validated within the development and QA environments.
In Salesforce First the Code is Deployed into the Sandbox Org and QA perform testing on it and if QA approves that the system is ready for UAT and then UAT is performed by the client and at this stage if the client approves that yes the system is ready for deploying in production.
Procedure of login to Sandbox Salesforce in order to Perform UAT?
To set up your Salesforce UAT instance, firstly, go to this URL https://test.salesforce.com and type in your login information for the sandbox environment. If Your IP is not whitelisted and you are still trying to login into the Org by input the credentials at that moment in time the OTP is sent to the person’s email id Whose id is registered with that org.
On the other hand if you are testing in a production environment the URL will be different. URL : https://login.salesforce.com/
List of personnel involved in this whole process of UAT?
Amazingly, While Performing UAT in Salesforce requires more people beyond testers. Mentioned below are the various roles across different departments that are required to perform UAT in Salesforce sandbox testing to be successful.
- Quality Assurance Team: As we know 1 thing about UAT is that it relies on Client or end-user to test the system and confirms that the code or particular functionality developed in the sandbox is ready for the production environment. But Considering a situation if the end users are not available, Salesforce UAT can also be carried out by those with extensive domain knowledge and also familiarity with the business requirements of Salesforce.
- Business owner: A Person who acts as a sponsor of the project. Business Owner is responsible for upholding the requirements of the project and also ensures that all the Salesforce test plan support these goals during Salesforce.
- Salesforce Development Team: Development team is responsible whenever any bugs are detected by the QA team within the UAT environment. Once the bug report is handed over to the development team, the team can review the issue and proceed to solve the issues.
- Project Manager: A person who serves as the owner of the UAT Sandbox. The Project Manager is responsible for managing all the processes, and also ensures what next steps for the development cycle.
What makes Salesforce UAT different as compared with functional testing?
There is no doubt that Salesforce UAT and functional testing both focus on the functionality of the application, but you know Still the difference is there between these two types of Salesforce CRM process of testing.
Firstly, In Salesforce UAT, QA follows a series of testing steps to verify that requirements perform as expected for the end-user. Now, If it comes to UAT, QA’s check if Salesforce can support the necessary needs of the business if deployed to the production environment. Functional testing In Comparison tests specific functionality requirements and technical specifications of the application. The reason behind this, that these test cases are not user-focused, a Salesforce test plan can receive passing results during functional testing but fail during Salesforce UAT testing if the software application does not function as per expectation.
Ticket flow of Salesforce in JIRA?
It depends from organization to organization which workflow they are using If they are using JIRA as a Project Management tool.
How To Provide the Access of Salesforce to Anyone?
By Entering the IP Address of the Desktop/laptop of those individuals to which we want to provide access the whole process is known as IP Whitelisting. Consider a Situation Where you want to access the Org (Say for Example Sandbox). And to give you access to an Org, I Just Need your IP Address only. And Your Ip Address is 18.104.22.168. The Process is Very Simple & clear.
There is no query about Salesforce as it widely used CRM in terms of stats. Salesforce gives the ability to configure and customize extra features as per the business need of any organization. And even to get the full benefit of this cloud-based CRM, focusing only on the development phase is not at all enough.
Testing the developed configurations and customization is also a very relevant thing. Testing Salesforce applications is also like any other software testing process. But at the same time, the testers should be highly skilled with deep knowledge of the various Salesforce widely used terms like Sandbox, Production environment, test classes, different types of objects (custom and standard), UAT, IP whitelisting, and so on.