Introductions are fun and this time around we will be scratching the surface a little more to understand how data can be modeled on Salesforce.
Episode 2 will be presented by Atul Rajguru on Aug 2, 2019 at 7 PM Indian Standard Time.
- Conventional Database Tables Vs Objects
- Standard and Custom Objects
- Relational Data Modelling
- Schema Builder
- Q & A
Here is some key point of our session.
What are Objects in Salesforce:-
- Salesforce Objects are like DB tables
- We use them to store persistent data
- It has additional properties and features
Standard VS Custom objects
|Standard Objects||Custom objects|
|Standard Objects are out of box: The objects provided by Salesforce is called standard objects||Are user defined : The objects created by us are called custom objects|
|API names of standard objects does not ends with __c||API names of custom objects ends with __c|
|Limited Customization||Fully Customizable|
|Example of standard object are Account, Contact & User||Example of custom object name is Employee__C or Department__c|
Lookup VS Master detail
|This is parent-child relationship||This links two objects together|
|Detail object is deleted when Parent is deleted||No effect on linked records|
|Parent can have Roll-Up Summary fields||Roll-Up Summary field are not available on lookups|
|Detail record must have Master record reference||Reference to linked record is optional|
|The detail record inherits the sharing and security settings of its master record.||Both linked records have independent sharing and security settings|
Here is recording of session.
Please try below Trailhead module for further learning :-
1) Data Modeling https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/data_modeling
2) Build a Data Model for a Recruiting App https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/projects/build-a-data-model-for-a-recruiting-app
3) Build a Battle Station App https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/projects/workshop-battle-station
Salesforce Apex Hours
10 total views, 4 views today